To The Haldimand Press
HALDIMAND—Haldimand County Paramedic Services will be offering six community flu shot clinics throughout November and December 2020.
Flu shots will be offered by appointment only to individuals over the age of 16. Appointments may be booked using the County’s online registration system at link.haldimandcounty.ca.
Public Health Agency of Canada says getting a flu vaccine this year is more important than ever because:
- Flu vaccines have been shown to reduce the risk of flu illness, hospitalizations, and death.
- Getting a flu vaccine can also save healthcare resources for the care of patients with COVID-19.
Flu shot appointments will be offered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following dates:
November 27 – Dunnville Arena
December 2 – Caledonia Arena (HCCC Remax Room)
December 3 – Jarvis Fire Station #3
December 9 – Selkirk Fire Station #13
December 11– Cayuga Arena
December 15 – Hagersville Legion
Instructions for individuals who book appointments:
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment and wear a face covering. Leave unnecessary items in your car.
- When you arrive, you will be greeted by a Haldimand County staff member who will help you complete a COVID-19 screening assessment and flu shot consent form.
- Once you receive your shot, you will need to remain in the building for 15 minutes post-immunization.
- Immunization areas will be disinfected thoroughly after every appointment.
For COVID-19 safety reasons, a limited number of individuals will be permitted inside each flu shot location at any given time. Individuals who arrive with other family members may not be able to enter the facility together as a group. Individuals who are more than 15 minutes late or miss their appointment will be required to book a new time slot.
Residents are reminded to not come to their pre-booked appointment if they are feeling unwell. Please call 905-318-5932 ext. 6127 and leave a message to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Individuals who need assistance booking an appointment online may call Haldimand County customer service at 905-318-5932.