DUNNVILLE—On January 6, 2022 at 11:02 p.m. members of Haldimand OPP observed a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of a local business in Dunnville. As police approached, the vehicle fled and failed to stop for police. Shortly after, the vehicle and driver were located nearby parked behind another local business.
A traffic stop was conducted and while speaking to the driver, signs of impairment were detected. The driver was transported to an out-of-town OPP detachment for further testing and as a result of the investigation, was charged with the following offences:
- Driving a motor vehicle while impaired by drug
- Flight from peace officer
- Resist peace officer
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence
- Drive motor vehicle – no insurance
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle
- Drive motor vehicle – no permit
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
- Disobey stop sign – fail to stop
- Drive motor vehicle with cannabis readily available
- The vehicle was impounded for seven days.
The accused is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cayuga at a later date to answer to the charges.