Special business feature
When Haldimand County approached Empire to help imagine a path to growth that included the Nanticoke lands, we were excited to work with the municipality to present a vision that would address the community’s needs. A vision of Your Nanticoke, which would make it possible for Haldimand residents to live, work and play, right here, in the community where they have such deep roots and familial connections.
For over 40 years, the 4,200 acres of land (bordered by Lake Erie to the South, Hwy 6 to the West, Nanticoke Creek to the East and Haldimand Rd 3 running East-West through the northern part of the property) have remained sterile from new employment and unusable.
Multiple attempts by municipal council in the past have failed to attract new employers to the area, due to a lack of infrastructure. As a strong community partner, Empire responded to the challenge and brought forward a vision to help build the path to growth for generations to come. That is how Your Nanticoke took shape.
Your Nanticoke is a community- centric proposal that combines our traditions with modern amenities, taking what is foundational from our past to build a bright future in Nanticoke and all of Haldimand. A proposal that protects existing employers, that builds new infrastructure to support the region and provides active-living amenities for the entire community to enjoy. All at no additional cost to your family. A proposal of what’s possible.
In March, Haldimand County voted unanimously to request that the Province of Ontario unlock the game-changing potential of the Nanticoke lands via a Minister’s Zoning Order (MZO).
The MZO would finally open the door for discussion around the future of lands that, for over 40 years, have been wrapped in red tape and restricted to industrial uses. Once approved, it will enable us, as a community, to start the process that will allow Nanticoke and Haldimand County residents to grow this region’s potential.
As a committed community partner with strong roots in Haldimand and the surrounding region, Empire looks forward to hearing your perspectives to build on the Your Nanticoke vision. Visit the new Your Nanticoke website at yournanticoke.com to get more information and learn the facts.
- Your Nanticoke unlocks the potential to create over 10,000 new, diversified jobs in the community.
- Your Nanticoke is a vision of a community that provides affordable living options for families by committing to 2,000 Affordable Housing units.
- Your Nanticoke dedicates 16 million sq. ft. for commercial, industrial and agricultural employment uses.
- Your Nanticoke protects existing jobs and industry by ensuring setbacks beyond what is required by provincial regulations.
- Your Nanticoke will build a brand new sewage treatment facility to replace the aging infrastructure that is nearing capacity, with no increase to property taxes.
- Your Nanticoke promotes active living by committing to build a state-of-the-art fitness facility and a new indoor pool – all for the enjoyment of Haldimand residents.
- Your Nanticoke promotes opportunities for families to enjoy the natural environment by dedicating 110 acres of waterfront for public use, along with new networks of parks and trails for the whole Haldimand community.
Together, we can realize a vision for a multidimensional community, support existing industries and create new opportunities while upholding Nanticoke’s, and Haldimand County’s, traditions and character.
- BRAND NEW SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT TO REPLACE AGING FACILITIES AT $0 INCREASE TO PROPERTY TAXES
- 2,000 HOMES DEDICATED TO AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- NEW INDOOR POOL FOR HALDIMAND
- NEW NETWORKS OF PARKS & TRAILS