By Haldimand Press Staff
UPDATE— Suspects arrested facing multiple charges
On August 10, 2021, members of the Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement Squad (ROPE) located both suspects in the city of Hamilton and took them into custody.
As a result, Daniel Robert GROULX, 28-years-old of West Lincoln, Ontario was charged with the following offences;
- Failure to stop after accident,
- Prohibited driving (two counts),
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle (two counts),
- Possession of stolen property over $5000 (two counts),
- Assault With a Weapon (two counts),
- Obstruct Police,
- Mischief over $5000,
- Fail to comply with probation order (two counts),
- Fail to comply with release order (two counts), and
- Drive while under suspension (two counts).
A 15-year-old of West Lincoln, Ontario was also charged with:
- Possession of stolen property over $5000 (two counts), and
- Obstruct police.
Both individuals are being held in custody and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Cayuga at 1:30 p.m., on August 11, 2021.
“The OPP would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to our media partners and members of the community that assisted with this ongoing investigation. As a result, both of these individuals were taken into custody without incident.” – Acting Inspector Jodi Kays, Detachment Commander, Haldimand County OPP.
DUNNVILLE—On August 7, 2021 around 6 p.m., a Haldimand OPP officer was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire on Broad Street East in Dunnville.
Officers attempted to apprehend suspects that were driving a stolen Ford pickup truck pulling a white enclosed trailer when the driver struck the OPP officer and fled the scene.